I must say one great thing about the internet is the growing number of offerings of free online courses. In the comfort of your own home, we have an access to a wealth of information that can benefit us in numerous ways.
So, how about 425 free courses from top universities? I stumbled on this great site where an extensive list of subjects in liberal arts and science are posted. You can download these audio and video courses straight to your computer or mp3 player.
Below is just a sample of arts related courses:
Art & Art History
- Aesthetics & Philosophy of Art – iTunes – James Grant, Oxford University
- Art History: Ancient to Medieval – iTunes Video – Penn State, Heather McCune Bruhn
- Foundations of American Cyber-Culture – YouTube – UC Berkeley
- Introduction to Visual Thinking – YouTube – UC Berkeley
- Masterpieces of Western Art – iTunes – Columbia University
- SmARThistory Video Lectures – Vimeo – Beth Harris, MoMA & Steven Zucker, Pratt Institute
- The Elements of Drawing – iTunes – Stephen Farthing, Oxford University
- Existentialism in Literature & Film – iTunes – Hubert Dreyfus, UC Berkeley
- Holocaust in Film and Literature – YouTube – Todd Presner, UCLA
- Philosophy in Film and Other Media – iTunes – YouTube – Irving Singer, MIT
- Western Movies: Myth, Ideology, Genre – iTunes – Richard Slotkin, Wesleyan
- Free Music Courses (Multiple Offerings) – Web Site – Berklee College of Music
- Listening to Music – Download Course – Professor Craig Wright, Yale
- The Unanswered Question: 6 Lectures on Music – YouTube – Leonard Bernstein, Harvard
Click here to check out the rest of the courses. Happy learning!